The Composite Eye, Inc., also known as TCE (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://thecompositeeye.com website (the “Service”).
Information Collection And Use
We collect and store some information about you based on the information you provide us, and that which we gather based on your browsing activity. This is in order to provide and improve our Service, as well as to deliver advertising services, including personalized recommendations.
Types of Data/Information Collected
1. Personal Data
When you use our Service, such as when you create an account, or subscribe to our newsletter, make a donation or contact us, there are certain personal information that we may need in order to identify and/or contact you and to deliver the requested services. Examples of personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Postal code
- Payment details
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from TCE by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
2. Usage Data
We may also collect information you access and use the website, also called Usage Data. Examples of this type of information we may collect are:
- IP address
- Browser type
- The pages you visit on our website, including time and date of visit, the time spend on those pages
- Unique device identifiers
- Email provider
3. Tracking & Cookies Data
A “cookie” is a file of information which assigned you a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Each time you use the website, your browser provides the unique identifier, allowing the website to recognize you. Examples of tracking technologies which may be used include beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and analyze information and to improve our Service.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
- First-Party Cookies
- Third-Party Cookies
Use of Data
The Composite Eye uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To operate our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To process donation payments
- To monitor and improve the usage of our Service
- To detect and resolve technical and security issues
- To send you news, information and special offers about goods and services we and our partners offer. You are free to opt out of any or all communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- To contact you regarding queries.
- To deliver advertising messages that are relevant to you based on how you browse our Service. We may pass your information to selected third parties who would like to contact you with information regarding their own products and services such as other subscriptions, events or other similar services. Those parties have their own policy regarding their collection. and use of data and we are not responsible for those third-party party policies.
- To the extent necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Retention of Data
Transfer Of Data
Collection and use of your information may involve transfer and maintenance of this information internationally, on computers located outside your relevant jurisdiction, where data protection laws may differ. By using our Service and submitting such information, you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside Canada, the US and the EEA.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure to comply with the law
Under certain circumstances, TCE may be required to disclose your Personal Data to public authorities if required to so do by the law.
TCE may disclose your Personal Data if such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of TCE
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
We have strict procedures in place to ensure your information is stored securely. However, we cannot guarantee absolute security as there is no protocol of transmission or storage that is 100% secure.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have a right to ask us for information we hold about you, “Subject Access Request”, so that we can respond promptly to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com
You can consult the GDPR here.
Please note that we may ask you to provide a valid ID in order to respond to your request.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may use third-party services (for example, payment processors) to process donation payments and other payments for paid products and/or services.
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors who have their own privacy policies regarding their use of your personal information.